Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Math

Millions of wonderful details of life + one very forgetful me = some desire (however inconsistent) to keep blogging. So here I am.


Yesterday we were driving in the car. This is where lots of L's thinking happens. I can't remember what we were talking about counting, but L said, "Mom, if you don't feel like counting all the numbers you can count by two's."
I didn't remember talking to him about this, so I quizzed him, "Oh yeah? How do you do that?"
"Like this: 2... 4... 6... 8... 10!"
"Wow, L!" I said, "That's awesome!"
"If you don't feel like counting by two's," he continued, "you can count by three's."
"Yes, I guess you could!" I replied, thinking that I never count by three's because three's are tricky.
Of his own volition, L begins, "3... 6... 9... 12..."
At this point, I was freaking out about L's awesomeness! I couldn't believe what he was doing. I'm sure it was because I gave him a great reaction, but he kept going to 48. Two or three times, he was one off, and I gave him a little higher or lower clue, but STILL! This kid is destined to be a mathematician or an engineer. It's amazing to see how his brain works!





1 comment:

merathon said...

whoa. that is impressive! he and Em are the same age... ain't no way she can do that!