Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Confusion in the Animal Kingdom

Two quotes from Snick in the last 36 hours or so...

We're driving down the street. We pass a couple walking a small dog.
Snick says, "What was walking with those people?"
I say, "I think it was a dog."
Snick says, "No, it was a skunk."
Dad and I laugh hysterically, and I say, "I don't think they would want a skunk for a pet."
Snick replies, "Mom, skunks aren't pets. It was just walking with them."
Obviously.


Every morning, Snick climbs into bed with me and gives my tummy hugs and kisses. Lately, he tries to feel the baby kick. Often, he'll feel a hard spot where the baby is poking out his bottom or his knee or foot. It's like a little treasure hunt. In the past couple of days, Snick has felt my ribs and declared, "I found a hard part!" so we've discussed what ribs are a couple of times.

This morning, he felt my ribs and asked, "Mom, is that a hard part of the baby, or are they your reptiles?"

That made me laugh so hard.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Can't wait to see Snick and the family again!

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday Karey! SO glad that hubby is back with you for you sake. I hope this is the last long business trip for a while! Five weeks would drive me nuts. I've done three, so I know a little about how hard that can be.
I love all of Snick's funny comments these days. You can tell he really thinks about things and is trying to make sense of it all. He's going to be a lot of help to you, entertaining his little brother! :)